Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A country summer birthday lunch (2)

It took me weeks of poring over Australian Gourmet Traveller to plan the menu for the lunch. I wanted food that I could prepare much of beforehand to maximise swanning around on the day.
For hors d'oeuvres I made grissini with rosemary from the garden wrapped in Italian proscuitto. The Gourmet Traveller recipe is here. I served it with a basil pesto and olives stuffed with sun dried tomatoes and one of my favourite champagnes, Veuve Cliquot.


The entree was also really easy. I slow baked ocean trout on a bed of herbs and served it on salad leaves with salsa verde.


The table still looks remarkably respectable given that we'd managed to drink almost a case of Veuve before the entree came out. Well, it was hot. And a birthday!

1 comment:

Tess said...

Ilove the big plate of olives! You have inspired me. I'm cooking lunch tomorrow for my hubby's birthday. Thanks for a great post.